Monday, December 8, 2008

MIA a bit.

I've been MIA because, well, there just isn't anything to really say. I lead a pretty boring life. I don't do anything exciting except for take care of a crazy kid and work once a week. And since this is pregnancy #2, it's exciting, it's just not something I want to talk about all the time. I just want to keep it all to myself for some reason and try and enjoy it as much as I can in private. I do need to get a belly pic up though, since I'm showing quite a bit already. I look like what I did at about 20-22 weeks pregnant, and I'm only 14 weeks. I have also been feeling the babe kick and move around in there. It's great! I was definitely not expecting to feel him/her so much so early. But, I'm not complaining.

I'll also be a single parent for awhile. Leonard works for the railroad, and while he won't lose his job, he could be laid off over the winter, or he could choose to work and work out of state. He chose to work out of state. If we could have lived off of his unemployment, he would have stayed home. But, since we're on one income, he had to leave. He left on Sunday to Kenniwick, WA for a week, and then who knows where he'll end up. We're hoping he'll be able to bid a job in a town that's only like 1 1/2 hrs away from home, or somewhere in the state. We'll see. I'm just worried about him traveling home on the weekends through the mountain passes on the crappy roads late at night. I'm praying that he'll be ok and that God will take care of him. I'm not ready to lose my husband yet.

My aunt is in town from Alaska. She's my moms older sister, and is totally awesome. It's funny how much she and my mom are alike. She's got a great sense of humor, and is so easy and fun to be around. It's great! We don't get to see her very much, because well, if you live in Alaska, you're either poor, or you're pretty well off. There's not really any in betweens. Her and my uncle fall into the poor category. They only just recently got running water in their house, and I think they still use their outhouse quite a bit. It doesn't really help either that they live in a pretty remote area. But who doesn't in Alaksa? Unless you live in Fairbanks or Anchorage. Anyways, she's here because my cousin, her daugter was taking classes at our college and living with our grandma. I guess she wants to go home, so my aunt came down, and they are going to drive my cousins car to Seattle and put it on a ferry and fly back to AK from there. I'll miss them!

Ok, I'll try and find more to post more often. But, probably not.

1 comment:

Elana Kahn said...

Glad to see you posting again--and I can't wait to see the belly pic! Also glad to see you're entering 2nd tri...that's the best part! I hope the job situation works out well even though it seems pretty bleak now. *hugs*