Why do I hate it?
- Nowhere to put anything. So we have piles of shit just laying around because there is nowhere to put any of it. This is one of my main reasons for hating this place.
- Our poor dogs are stuck inside. Now that it's nice, we go outside for an hour or so everyday so they can run and play and get some excersice. It's super crowded in here with 2 adults, a baby and 2 dogs.
- The spiders of course. Disgusting.
- It's hard with Matt. He didn't get to spend much time on the floor when he was little because it was so nasty. Even right after vacuuming he and his blanket that he'd be lying on were covered in dog hair. That, and I was afraid that they dogs were going to step on him because of the minimal space. So since he didn't get to spend time on the floor on his tummy, he hates being on his tummy.
- The place and the yard look like trash. DH's dad and his mom are total clutterbugs and like to collect useless shit and never get rid of it. So the yard is full of shit that is rusting and never getting used. I feel embarrased everytime I walk into the yard and into the shack if there are people in the yard visiting Leonards useless sister who is 27 and still lives at home with her two kids. Speaking of uselss sister....I'll get to that later.
The good things about this place:
- Free rent although we do help out on utilities. Ex. we are paying this months $300 electric bill because FIL has not paid it for 2 months. *eyeroll*
- Although we are in the back yard, FIL and MIL don't come knocking on the door all of the time. They respect our privacy and I like that. Although I do feel bad for Matt, because they never come out to see him. We always have to go inside (which is so disgusting I puke in my mouth everytime we go in) so that they can see him. I decided that if they want a relationship with Matt, they can come out and see him. It's not sanitary and good for his health to go inside to see everyone but once a month. (Totally another story)
- Not really relevant, but the grocery store and the post office are really close. Matt and I take a walk to go get the mail every day when it's nice out. And if I only need a couple of things, I'll just put Matt in his stroller and we'll walk to the store. And my sister is close also. She's next to the store.
So the cons are more than the pros. I can't wait to get out of this shit shack.