Friday, July 18, 2008

Bored bored bored.

Leonard is working late tonight. He should have been home 2 hours ago, and I have no idea how late he'll be working. I'm considering packing up Matt and walking across the street to rent a movie. I was watching some show on TLC. I don't remember what it's called, Date my Kids or something. It's about the single mothers trying to find men to date. Anyways, it sort of caught my attention, but not so much. So here I am blogging about nothing!
Ooh, get this. So Jill, my SIL is 27. Guess how old the guy that she's "dating" is? 17. Yep, the kid hasn't even graduated high school. How sad is that? I find it fairly disgusting myself. Just think, if he was 27 and she was 17, it would down right be perverted, wouldn't it? Apparently, his cousin lives just right across the street, and she is also 17. She hangs out with Jill alot. Which I also find weird and slightly disturbing. I think it says alot for Jills mentality and maturity. Meaning there's not a ton of either one there. She has two kids, 5 and 3, and she's going with a teenager. Ugh. My poor FIL and MIL. They raise her and her kids. She's single (obviously), doesn't work, and lives with her parents and off of the system. She doesn't even take care of her kids. Heck, why would she have to, she lives with her mom and dad. (sarcasm) Anyways, it just bugs me that she leaves her kids to go running around with 17 year olds all of the time. I feel like going up to the guy and telling him that he's totally wasting his time doing this, and that if he even did get serious with her, it would be the biggest mistake of his life.
My little brother is also in town for a couple of weeks. It's good to see him. He went into the Air Force, and just got done with Tech School, and he came home before he gets stationed in Utah. I think Ogden/Salt Lake area. He hasn't changed too much, and it was nice getting to know my SIL that I barely know. I like her more and more. We have the same personality, so it's funny. Laid back and go with the flow. We tease him that he married both of his sisters in one girl. SIL shares a name with my older sister, and she has my personality. Funny.

I bought Matt the cutest shoes today. I was bored after dropping off papers at the mortgage company, so I went to Ross. They had the most adorable infant Nike sandals, and OshKosh shoes, I just had to get them. I think I'm going to have to return the Nike's though. They are a pain to get on his feet. The OshKosh's are perfect though.

I realized while in Ross that I no longer buy for myself. Ever. I head straight to the baby department wherever I go and buy things for Matt, whether he needs them or not. Then I leave. I no longer go through clothes racks to see what's cute. Oh to be a mommy. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Well, I'm off to maybe go rent a movie. And play with my adorable little boy.

1 comment:

Angie said...

It's so fun to read your blog, Shauna. I'm totally the same about shopping. Always going straight for the baby/kids clothes. Probably because I've already got clothes for me in every shape & size. lol